Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fun Friday!


I know that most of you are waiting on pictures of our bananas but you are going to have to wait till Sunday so people who haven't voted can do so! While you wait on those pictures I thought I would share some from Friday....We started the day by playing Order of Operations Bingo which was challenging but great! Bear Bucks were awarded and some extra treats for winners.  





Then came the lesson on self control! You can see in these pictures we have alot to learn about self control, but it was a great experiment. After the challenge and before our science class I did get some better results! Some students still have some self control to learn though! :) It was lots of fun though.


Then came the Marshmellow Towers which was an activity on working together in a group to build a tower or structure out of marshmellows and toothpicks..... Here is what the building stages looked like.





And the winning teams in the morning class.....


Our afternoon players....



And the winners are....






After looking at their summary sheets I found out they really did learn some things about working together! And the even greater news....I had a momma who just sent me a picture of her child building a marshmellow tower at home! I am loving it! I have the most awesome students!


 





2 comments:

  1. We had an awesome time building the towers! We had jumbo, flat and regular marshmallows. Of course, Leavy won our contest! The Best part was making and eating s'mores afterwards. Leavy also learned if you put them in the microwave the triple in size and become like nougant. Such Fun! Look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have put a giant size smile on this teacher's face! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete