Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chemical or Physical Change?

So we have been studying all kinds of changes in our world. Looking at the difference between physical and chemical changes. We posted pictures of our latest chemical change, elephant toothpaste, and then today we had some fun with physical changes. Now, making smores can be both a physical and chemical change but today we just explored the physical change. When you melt a marshmellow and chocolate you create a physical change (no new substance is formed). The only thing you have done is melted them both. So instead of a campfire we used a microwave to create some yummy physical changes. I will let you judge how much they enjoyed this activity!!!


Ooey - gooey goodness!



 How do I even start to eat this???



I think I really like this physical change!



Anticipation....watching those marshmellows get HUGE!


It sure was worth the wait!


I can't believe that teacher would take my picture looking like this!!!  There was a moment I was glad my students did not have the camera! I got marshmellow all over my face too!


Disclaimer: Making smores in the microwave can be addicting! Make sure you watch them or they can explode in your microwave! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment